uBlock Origin comes in – a popular ad blocker that is known for its ability to block ads effectively. However, as of late uBlock Origin has stopped blocking some ads on Twitch streamers’ live channels.
In this blog post, we’ll explain what happened and how to fix when ads start to interfere with your online experience.
uBlock Origin Not Blocking Twitch Ads
The following are the ways to fix this issue:
Fix 1: Use TTV LOL – A Free Extension
TTV LOL is an ad blocker that helps to protect users from intrusive ads by detecting and filtering out ads before they are seen.
Fix 2: Apply a Script in uBlock Origin
1. Install uBlock Origin and add an extension to chrome.
2. Click on Extensions, and click on uBlock Origin.
3. Go to the Settings options, and a new window will appear, click on My Filters.
4. Write the command twitch.tv##+js(twitch-videoad) and then click on Apply Changes.
5. Go to the Settings option, enable I am an advanced user, then click on the setting gear.
6. Add twitch.tv##+js(twitch-videoad) and Apply Changes.
Fix 3: Use a VPN to Avoid Advertisements on Twitch
If you still experience ads on your Twitch stream you may want to consider using a VPN. A VPN will help protect your online privacy by hiding your actual location and blocking ads from being served to you.
Fix 4: Watch the VOD (Video On Demand)
If ads are interfering with your viewing experience then you may want to consider watching the video-on-demand (VOD) version instead. This will bypass ads and give you a higher-quality stream.
Fix 5: Subscribe to Twitch Turbo to Remove (Most) Ads
Try subscribing to Twitch Turbo on the Chrome Web Store or Firefox Add-on Store. This extension will help remove most ads from your viewing experience. Activate it when you first install it so that it can start blocking ads immediately
Fix 6: Use the uBlock Origin Developer Builder Extension
- Install unlock origin developer builder and add an extension to your chrome.
- Open twitch and check whether ads are blocked or not.
it is just a modified version of uBlock origin if uBlock origin fails to block and use this extension instead.
Fix7: Use two different Ad blockers
if uBlock fails to block ads
- Download and Install ad Blocker Plus and add it to your chrome extensions.
- Download and Install another ad blocker, type Purple ad Blocker and also add it to your chrome extension.
- Enable both extensions.
- Go to your twitch and check whether ads are blocked or not.
Why Did uBlock Origin Stop Working On Twitch?
Due to changes in Twitch’s API that uBlock Origin relies on, it no longer works as intended. To continue blocking ads and other intrusive content on Twitch, you will need to use a different ad blocker TTV-LOL, etc.
How to Stay Up-To-Date with the Latest Solutions For an Ad-Free Twitch Experience
Follow uBlock Origin on Twitter and Facebook for updates and bookmark the twitch ad solution GitHub repository on the latest solutions for ad-free Twitch streaming.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a way to disable uBlock Origin’s advertising feature completely?
1. Open the uBlock Origin options by clicking on the three lines in the top right corner of your browser window.
2. Under Behavior, uncheck Enable adblocking for all websites.
3. Click Apply and then OK.
Can uBlock Origin be used with other streaming platforms like YouTube and Mixer as well?
Yes, uBlock Origin can be used with other streaming platforms like YouTube and Mixer. However, ads on these platforms may not be blocked by uBlock Origin if they are served through a third-party ad network.
By following these steps, you can easily get rid of ads that appear on Twitch streams. However, if you notice that ads are still popping up, it is time to upgrade your ad blocker. Thanks for reading.